AirTurn’s PED features six different modes for compatibility with a wide range of devices. Using the PED’s mode 1 will give you the best battery life and won’t interfere with iOS’s virtual on-screen keyboard, while modes 2 and up use an older keyboard-based profile like all previous AirTurn page turners.
Note: AirTurn PED requires a Bluetooth Smart-capable device, iPad 1 and 2 not supported.
Switching PED modes:
- Turn on the PED.
- Press and hold the MODE button. The red LED will flash once per second from 1 to 6 flashes. The number of flashes corresponds to the same MODE number. Be sure to count the flashes.
- Release the MODE button following the number of flashes that reflects the desired MODE. The blue and red LEDs will flash together the number of times indicating which MODE has been set.
- IMPORTANT: You must restart the device after switching between modes 1 and 2. With the PED powered on, press and hold the power button for six seconds. After two seconds, the PED will appear to power down. Continue to hold the power button. At six seconds both LEDs will blink three times. After the third blink release the power button.
Connecting via mode 1 (forScore 8.3 or newer, forScore mini 1.2 or newer):
- Check the “Devices” section of the Settings app for your PED. If listed, tap the circled “i” button to the right of it and select “Forget This Device.”
- If you haven’t done so already, set your PED to mode 1 (see above).
- In forScore, open the Devices panel and select “AirTurn PED.”
- Ensure that “AirTurn Support” is enabled and select your PED from the devices list when it appears.
Connecting via mode 2 or higher:
- If you haven’t done so already, set your PED to your desired mode (see above).
- In the Settings app, select Devices and select your PED when it appears.