If you’re using setlists as a group, forScore makes it easy to share them with your colleagues, even if they’re using another app. Setlists can be shared from the root view of the setlist menu (that’s the list of all of your setlists, not the contents of a specific setlist). If you’re using forScore 10 or newer, swipe from right to left over the setlist you want to share and choose the gray “Share” option that appears. If you’re using an earlier version of forScore, tap the “Edit” button on the right-hand side of the menu’s navigation bar, then select your setlist and tap “Share” from the options at the top of the list. Either method will present you with the following options:
For colleagues using paper, a text list might be the best choice. It sends a numbered list of titles and composers.
If your colleagues are using forScore and already have the PDF files they’ll need, this choice is best. It’s a forScore-specific file type (4SS), and it includes all of the information about your setlist but leaves out the score files themselves.
This also creates a forScore-specific .4SS file, but includes the necessary PDF files as well. It does not include any additional information about each score, however, such as annotations, metadata, and more.
Include Scores & Extras
This also creates a forScore-specific .4SS file, but includes the necessary PDF files and additional information about each score like annotations, metadata, and more.
Merged PDF (forScore 8+)
You can also merge the scores in your setlist into one long PDF file. This option is great for colleagues who are using another music reader.
Annotated Merged PDF (forScore 8+)
Like the last choice, this merges your setlist’s scores into one long PDF file, but this time also includes permanent annotations.
Note: If you’re planning on sharing your setlist via email, you may need to check that the combined file sizes of all the scores in the setlist are smaller than any attachment limit your email provider may have.
Sharing Setlists via Cloud Services
If your setlist file is too large to be sent via email or your group uses a cloud service to share files, you can upload your setlist through the Services panel:
- Open the Tools menu and choose Services.
- Navigate through your cloud service’s folders until you’re viewing the folder you’d like to send the file to.
- Tap the + button at the bottom of the panel.
- Choose the Setlists view.
- Tap to select one or more setlists.
- Tap the Format button in the lower right corner to toggle between the options. In the services panel, only Setlist Only, Include Scores, and Include Scores & Extras are available options.
- When ready, tap the Upload button in the upper right corner and the upload will begin.
- Use your cloud service’s sharing functions to share the file or folder with other forScore users.
Sharing Setlists via Bluetooth
You can also use the Bluetooth file transfer panel (in the Tools menu) to send setlists to other nearby iPads. In this case, setlists are listed after all files in your library, so look toward the bottom of the list to locate the setlist you’d like to share.