iOS Compatibility Issues
Currently, the most common issue with crashing on launch is due to incompatibility between some older versions of forScore and iOS 10.3. We resolved these compatibility issues with forScore 10.1.8, but if you do not have the current version of the app installed, the app will crash on launch. Please follow these steps to troubleshoot the issue and install the latest version of forScore:
Determine which version of forScore you have installed
- Open the Settings app and Choose General > Storage & iCloud Usage
- Tap “Manage Storage” under the Storage section
- Locate forScore in the list and tap to select it, then make note of the version number you have installed. If the version installed is forScore 10.1.8 or newer, please contact us using the form above to troubleshoot further. If you do not have the current version installed (listed in the upper left corner of this page), please continue to the next section.
Check for updates in the App Store
- Open the App Store app on your iPad
- Tap the Updates tab
- Look for an update to forScore in the list and tap the Install button if one appears
- Some users have reported that the App Store is not accurately showing available app updates. If no new version is listed (or you see an Open button instead of an Install button), proceed to the next section to try and install the update.
Log out of the App Store and log back in
- Tap the Featured tab in the App Store app and scroll down to the bottom
- Look for buttons that either say “Sign In” or “Apple ID: yourappleid”
- If it says Sign In, tap the button and enter the Apple ID credentials that you used to purchase forScore originally, then check for the update
- If it shows your Apple ID, tap the button, choose Sign Out, then sign back in with the Apple ID used to purchase forScore originally and check for the update.
- If the update to the current version of forScore still does not appear, continue to the next section.
Sync your device with your computer to check for updates
- Connect your iPad to your computer using the sync cable
- Sync your device if it doesn’t do so automatically (check for any prompts from iTunes about updates, etc.)
- From the dropdown menu in iTunes, select Apps, then click the Updates tab
- Locate forScore and click the icon, then click the Update button
- Sync your iPad once more and the new version should sync across to your iPad
- Try launching forScore to see if it opens successfully
- If the app does not open successfully, use the steps above to check the installed version and see if the update was synced
- If you’re still having issues beyond that, please contact Apple Support for further assistance
Important: Deleting the app is not the solution. Doing so will also delete all of your forScore library and data and should only be done if you are certain you have a recent backup of your files and library data saved to your computer.
Crashing When Viewing a PDF File
If the app crashed when trying to view a PDF file and continues to crash on launch, it’s possible the file itself is causing issues, either because it’s too large for your device to process (typically only an issue with older iPads) or it contains data that is causing an error.
If you connect your device to your computer, you can use the iTunes File Sharing panel to save that file to your computer, then delete that file from forScore to see if that stops the crashing. If you’re able to identify a problem PDF file, please contact us so we can do some testing with it to see if we can identify why it’s causing issues.
Retrieving/removing files through iTunes File Sharing
- Connect your iOS device to your computer using the sync cable
- Open iTunes on your computer if it does not open automatically
- Click the small device icon in the upper left corner, as if you were going to adjust the syncing settings
- Click the “Apps” button in the left sidebar that appears below the iPad info
- Scroll down in the main window to where it says “File Sharing”
- Choose forScore from the list, and a panel will appear to the right showing all of your files
- Locate the file in the list, then click to select it
- Click the “Save To…” button and specify a location on your computer to save the file
- Once chosen, the transfer will begin immediately, with a progress bar displaying at the top of the iTunes window
- When the transfer is complete, select the file in the panel and press the Delete or Backspace key, then confirm to delete it immediately from your device
- You can then disconnect your device from your computer and relaunch forScore to see if it opens successfully. If the app is still crashing, please contact us using the form in the upper left corner of this page to troubleshoot further.